Call for abstracts: The XIV Symposium of Finnish Tourism and Leisure Research
We invite you to the XIV Symposium of Finnish Tourism and Leisure Research, organized on May 22nd–23rd 2024, at the Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (Haaga Campus, Helsinki) by the Finnish Society for Tourism Research.
20 Years of Tourism and Leisure Research in Finland: The Way Forward
Over the past two decades, tourism and leisure have undergone remarkable changes, shaped by globalization, technological advancements, and evolving consumer preferences. The 20th-anniversary event is a celebration of achievements, a platform for sharing cutting-edge research, and an opportunity to chart the course for future tourism research. The symposium will unite scholars and practitioners to foster meaningful connections, share knowledge, and set the stage for the next chapter of Finnish tourism and leisure research.
We look forward to diverse presentations exploring the latest trends, challenges, and opportunities within the research field. Participants are welcome to present both state-of-the-art empirical and conceptual research papers, providing the basis for constructive and inspiring sessions. The range of sub-topics includes:
• Opportunities and challenges in tourism and leisure development
• Sustainability and responsibility in tourism and leisure development
• Tourism and leisure behavior and experiences
• Tourism entrepreneurs and businesses
• Digitalization and AI in tourism
• Stakeholder engagement and co-creation of tourism
• Marketing and communication of tourism services
• Sustainability labels and certifications
• Demand for responsible tourism services and the role of consumers
• Understanding the impacts of tourist activities
• The role of interpretation in tourism
• Monitoring, measuring, and evaluation of tourism strategies
• Theoretical and methodological approaches for assessing tourism and leisure
• Other current topics in tourism and leisure research and education
We invite authors to submit an abstract for consideration by the symposium's scientific committee. Please send the abstracts to matkailututkimuksenseura [a]gmail.com by February 29th 2024.
Abstracts should be 200-300 words long, written in Times New Roman (12), double-spaced and with references in APA format. Please include your full name and contact information below the title. Abstracts can be submitted in English, Finnish or Swedish.